Grab your friends and family and go cruising on beautiful Lake Norman in a pontoon boat. Jump off for a refreshing swim in a cove, enjoy a nice meal at one of Lake Norman’s lakeside restaurants, pull tubers or skiers, or view the amazing homes along the 520 miles of shoreline.
Our white-glove service is second-to-none! You can view real-time availability and book your boat rental on our website 24/7. Have questions or prefer to book over the phone? Call us/text us anytime from 9:30am-7pm at 704-931-8787. You can also use our Online Chat to instant message/text with us live. All reservations must be made in advance! We send you all the details you need ahead of time, so you can just show up & go!
We also offer Rental Captains to drive the boat for you ($30-$50/hr), so you can enjoy the lake worry-free–subject to availability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire!
- Capacity — 6-10 people up to specific weight capacities (1,200-2,100 pounds), depending on the boat (see details below).
- Horsepower — 115-220 HP depending on boat (see details below).
- Age to Rent/Drive — Must be 18-years-old and have a valid driver’s license to rent and drive our boats. You must bring your valid driver’s license to your rental.
- Passenger Age — Passengers can be any age but minors must have parent/legal guardian sign waiver on minor’s behalf and be present at check in to show ID. Please bring your own U.S. Coast Guard Approved life jacket for any child under 30 pounds. You can find these at any Walmart, Target, Dick’s Sporting Goods, etc.
- Instructions & Equipment — We provide thorough safety and operation instructions, life jackets, maps, recommendations of where to go, waterproof cell phone cases (for sale), dry bags, etc.
- Experience — For our pontoon boats, experience is recommended but not required. Ski Boats, you must have 20+ hours of boat driving experience.
- Location — Our Lake Norman launch location is at Long Island Marina in Catawba, NC. Great area for cruising the original Catawba River or the gorgeous sights of Lake Norman. Easily accessible from Mooresville, Statesville, Troutman, Sherrills Ford, Denver, Terrell, Cornelius, Huntersville, Davidson, Charlotte, Hickory, Statesville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and the entire Lake Norman area.
- Rental Blocks — 7 Days a week: 4-hour and 8-hour rentals (10am-2pm; 3pm-7pm | 10am-6pm). Monday-Friday: 2-hour rentals (must Call Us or use the Online Chat to reserve the 2-hour option).
- LAKE NORMAN SANDBAR — You are NOT allowed to take any vessel to the Lake Norman Sandbar area near lake markers D4 and D6.
- TIE-UPS — You are NOT allowed to tie-up to any other vessel.
- Rental Captains — We offer Rental Captains to drive the boat for you, so you can enjoy the lake worry-free. Cost is $30-$50/hr. Subject to availability. Email us at email@example.com to inquire.
- Tube Rentals — Tube rentals are $35.
DON’T FORGET TO BRING & DO BEFORE YOUR RENTAL
- Arrival — You must arrive 30 minutes before your on-water start time to complete required safety check-in. If you would like to request a different start time, please contact us at the time of booking–so we can check if availability will allow for the requested time. If you do not arrive on time, you will be considered a no show; and you are still responsible for the rental charge.
- Valid Driver’s License — All drivers must bring a valid driver’s license
- ID — All passengers 18+ must bring a valid driver’s license/ID. Minor passengers must have a parent/legal guardian present at check-in to show valid driver’s license/ID.
- Waivers — All drivers and passengers must sign an electronic waiver. We’ll email everything to read & sign ahead of time — which you can do on any phone/tablet/computer. All minors must have their parent/guardian sign a waiver on their behalf. All signers must be present with a valid ID at the time of rental. This means a minor’s parents/guardians must be present to show an ID for the waiver they signed at the time of check-in.
- Infant Life Jackets — For any child under 30 pounds, you must bring your own life jacket. We provide life jackets for everyone else. All children under 13-years-old must wear a life jacket at all times while on the boat/water. Anyone who is not a strong swimmer should wear a life jacket at all times.
- Weight Check — Before arriving at the rental, ensure the total weight of your passengers and gear is under the boat’s weight limit.
WHAT TO BRING/NOT TO BRING
- Food — You are welcome to bring food, just be sure to clean up. A cleaning fee will be charged for any boat left excessively dirty.
- Alcohol — Beer, wine, Truly, etc. are allowed. LIQUOR IS NOT ALLOWED AND ILLEGAL TO POSSESS ON PONTOON AND SKI BOATS ON LAKE NORMAN (includes mixed drinks and Jello shots). If you have to buy any part of it at the ABC store, you can’t bring it. Consumption must be responsible and only by those 21-years old and up. The driver(s) of the boat cannot consume any alcohol.
- Glass Bottles — NOT allowed.
- Red Liquids — Not recommended. They can stain.
- Fishing Poles — Not allowed. No fishing.
- Smoking/Vaping/Illegal Drugs — No smoking/vaping (including marijuana-it may be legal in your state but it is not in NC); no illegal drugs. If ANYONE in your rental party shows up to the beginning of the rental intoxicated or smelling intoxicated–on alcohol or drugs (including marijuana)–my rental will be canceled; and you are responsible for the full rental fee.
- Dogs — Dogs are ONLY allowed on ONE designated dog boat (Bentley Admiral LI) and count towards the person/weight capacity. You must bring your own dog life jacket, and the dog must wear it at all times.
- Rental Prices — Prices start at only $199 for 2 hours! See full pricing below. Full rental payment is due at the time of booking your reservation.
- Gas — Gas is not included in the boat rental price. We’ll start you with a full tank and charge for the gas you use.
- Refundable Security Deposit — $500 refundable security deposit per boat — paid on a debit or credit card prior to your rental.
- Holiday Pricing — 2020 Holidays are Memorial Day Weekend (5/22/20-5/25/20), July 4th Week (7/3/20-7/10/20), Labor Day Weekend (9/4/20-9/7/20).